How Long After Being Moved Should An Air Conditioner Sit?
If you have just moved into a new home, you first want to get the air conditioning up and running. But before you do, it’s important to know how long you should wait after moving before turning on your AC.
According to most experts, you should give your air conditioner a rest for at least 24 hours after it’s moved. It will give the unit time to settle into its new location and get used to new surroundings. Once that time has passed, you can go ahead and turn on your air conditioner and start enjoying the cool air.
At Anderson HVAC, we understand the importance of getting your air conditioner up and running as soon as possible after a move. If you need help or have questions about AC installation in North Ogden, UT, contact us at (866) 249-1360! We are here to help you with every step, from choosing the right unit to ensuring it’s installed properly.
Reasons To Wait Before Turning On Your Air Conditioner After a Move
- Settling: Just like any large appliance in your home, your air conditioner will need some time to settle into its new location. By giving it a day or two after the move, you’ll ensure that it’s properly settled and won’t have any issues starting up.
- Surroundings: Your air conditioner must also get used to its new surroundings. It may have been in a shady spot beneath some trees in its old location. Now, it might be in direct sunlight all day long. This change can affect how well your air conditioner works, so it’s important to give it some time to adjust.
- Installation: If you are having your air conditioner installed by a professional, they’ll likely need some time to assess the situation and ensure everything is done properly. Contact one of our experienced technicians today for assistance with your AC installation. By waiting for a day or two after your move, you can be sure they will have all the information they need to do a great job.
Advantages Of Waiting To Turn On Your Air Conditioner
There are a few advantages to waiting to turn on your air conditioner after a move. Some of them are as follows:
- Parts Adjustment: After your air conditioner has been moved, its various parts may have become loose. By waiting to turn on the unit, you give the parts time to adjust and settle back into place. Doing so can help prevent any damage or issues that could occur if you turn it on too soon.
- Less Wear and Tear: If you turn on your air conditioner too soon after moving, it could cause the unit to overwork itself. It can lead to premature wear and tear, which can shorten the lifespan of your air conditioner. By giving it a day or two to adjust, you can help avoid this problem.
- Improved Air Quality: Another advantage of waiting to turn on your air conditioner is that it will give the unit time to clear out any dust or debris that may have gotten into it during the move. It will improve the air quality in your home and keep you from breathing in harmful particles.
If you need air conditioner repair in North Ogden, UT, contact Anderson HVAC at (866) 249-1360. Our team of experts can help you get your air conditioner up and running quickly and efficiently.